Zero Emissions Engineer (UK Office)
- Exciting role in an innovative growth business
- Flexible location, work from home
- Negotiable salary for the right candidate
Evenergi is a global leader in zero emissions transport with market-leading products and services in the area of zero emissions fleet transition. The company has significant traction with global fleet operators, transport authorities, and financiers and a strong growth outlook.
Evenergi is looking for great talent to join our UK team of passionate and driven team of world class zero emissions transport engineers, analysts and advisors. Flexible location with some overlap with GMT zone.
This is a career shaping opportunity for a junior to mid level Engineer to join our Zero Emissions Transport and Infrastructure Consulting team. Learn and grow with the best in the business – a diverse team of PhDs, as well as energy and automotive market experts. We work to understand the technical and operational aspect of our customers’ current fleet operations so we can design a ‘right fit’ transition path to a zero emission fleet. We also work with them during transition and ultimately the optimisation phase and we differentiate our service by developing smart data and tech-enabled products. Our customers run large fleets, including light commercial vehicles, heavy vehicles and buses, typically, in the transport, municipal, logistics and utility sectors.
The role is highly varied and analytical. It will initially involve R&D activities including running models, designing and implementing high performance parsers, analysing results, refining and further analysis and developing these into deeply considered and well written insights.
It is the quality of these insights, the ideation and innovation that you bring to the solving of challenges and identification of opportunities, as well as the attention to detail in the development of complex algorithms, software and hardware architectures and tools, that will lead to advancement into advisory and product design.
Specifically the role involves:
- Designing and coding emulation and optimisation algorithms that analyse a fleet’s pathway to decarbonise. Including parsing input data, multiple scenario analysis and iterative optimisation. Our software makes the complex process of transitioning fast, simple and is extremely accurate.
- Designing and coding algorithms and cutting edge R&D in control systems that are implemented at customer sites to deliver optimal outcomes for end-users (i.e. cost savings, emissions reductions, faster pathway to fleet transition).
- Producing high quality analytics for use in professional reports.
- Developing well considered and clearly articulated insights.
- Ongoing research in prior art/state of the art in the key areas of focus, literature reviews, understanding the competitor landscape, keeping across trends in relevant tools and identifying better ways to add value.
- Identifying and sponsoring opportunities for new product development and documenting all product development in an organised, clear and concise manner.
The challenges of the role will be juggling multiple projects simultaneously, whilst maintaining strong customer centricity and ensuring that work meets the business’ strategic requirements. Evenergi is a fast-moving and growth-oriented business with a strong track record of delivery. Our projects are as diverse and interesting as our clients, and we do impactful work at the very forefront of zero emissions transformation.
Skills and attributes for success
- Highly analytical evidenced through tertiary education (engineering) plus research tenure such as PhD studies in an area of eMobility and/or energy, or 3-5 years of industry experience in an engineering or product development role in an energy or eMobility domain.
- Software experience must include writing software algorithms in Python or a similar language, as well as a fundamental understanding of the infrastructure necessary to support fleet electrification (e.g. reticulation, generation and storage).
- Ability to develop cutting edge algorithms and undertake qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Ability to think creatively, develop insights and write concise and compelling reports
- Ability to manage time, priorities and project scope
- Passion for zero emissions vehicle technology
Nice to Haves
- Industry experience and well networked in the government (transport or municipal), logistics or utility sectors.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
If you’re interested in the Zero Emissions Engineer role, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com