Senior Software Engineer
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineer with solid operations experience to join the Evenergi team.
With strong product market fit validation through a number of high profile projects, Evenergi is going global and scaling up our software development team significantly, so we’re looking for Senior Software Engineer with solid agile and DevOps experience.
Our mission is to accelerate the transition to zero emissions transport. To do that, we’re creating platforms that provide our users with the tools and processes to make the complex simple, and make it repeatable at scale, so thousands of businesses can simultaneously make the transition.
Software is the core of what we do. You’ll join a passionate, global team of industry experts to develop our products including digital twins of transport networks, energy management platforms for depots, and real time connected vehicle integration.
This is a full-time role, working remotely in the Australian Eastern Time Zone.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Join a growing, product-focused software development team, utilising lean processes and modern software practices.
- Develop products supporting our consultants in planning, modelling, and optimising solutions for fleet vehicles and infrastructure
- Support, enhance and seek opportunities to incrementally refactor existing code to reduce future tech debt
Skills and attributes for success
- 5+ years of professional software development experience, with a strong agile/DevOps focus
- High-level proficiency with Python, Node.js, and/or React
- Great problem-solving and self-directing capabilities
- Good communication, and able to be efficient and succinct
- Test-Driven development and continuous delivery
Nice to have
- UX design
- Test automation
- Data modelling, extraction, and processing
- Structured and unstructured databases
- Scalable web service APIs
- Energy, logistics or transport experience, developing complex, algorithmic-based code—e.g., route optimisation, telematics/GPS/GIS, risk modelling
What we can offer
- Be a part of an industry leading organisation with a strong environmental mission
- Join a team of intelligent colleagues who are enabled each day to perform to the best of their ability
- Work with a range of industry experts and top tier clients
- Take advantage of flexible working opportunities that fit your lifestyle
- Professional development and career growth opportunities
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
If you’re interested in the Senior Software Engineer role, please apply here