Evenergi Software Engineering Manager
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager with solid DevOps and software architecture experience to join our team. We build smart products including digital twins that simulate transport ecosystems. We use these products to help our customers plan, manage and optimise the transition of their light commercial, bus and heavy vehicle fleets to electric. Electric fleets become connected to a bigger ecosystem and this introduces numerous opportunities to provide products of value to our customers. A snapshot of our products can be viewed here: https://www.evenergi.com/services/betterfleet/
We have built a profitable business that has retained its strong start-up culture and we live its values of transparency, eco-activity and empathy. We have highly attractive and differentiated products and services with endless market potential. We have now attracted global investment and are ready to scale our products onto a global market.
Work from home /remote work is available for this role, anywhere with some overlap with the Australian Eastern Timezone.
- The purpose of the role is to lead our small global team in the full stack development of new and enhanced products.
- The role requires you to lead the team, co-ordinate work and priorities across a range of concurrent projects and champion technical systems and processes to ensure the quality and timeliness of deliverables.
- You will be required to make sound architectural design decisions and in this you will be supported by the London based Chief Technology Officer, who you will report to.
- The structure is flat and the process super-lean, focusing on a culture of test driven development, continuous integration and deployment practices.
- You will work with a hive of industry experts, including our product director, business analysts, engineers and consultants to develop cutting edge algorithms that emulate zero emission fleets to a high degree of accuracy.
Skills and attributes for success
- We are looking for an experienced software engineer who shares our values and passion for building smart, high quality products that have never been built before.
- You are experienced in leading small, remote teams and scaling up and down to meet changing demand, using a blend of employees, contractors and agency staff.
- You have a solid DevSecOps philosophy and want to build and mentor a team that follows those principles
- You are great at developing and implementing best practice engineering processes and systems to ensure fast and high quality delivery
- You are experienced working with most aspects of our tech stack: Python, Node, React, Gitlab, Ci/Cd, Terraform, AWS.
- You have a down-to-earth, make it happen, strong drive.
- You are comfortable making architectural design decisions and presenting the short term, long term, business and technical logic for your decisions.
- You have solid experience in test driven development, continuous integration and deployment practices including automated test frameworks and unit testing tools.
- You have sound conceptual modelling, technical writing and communication skills.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and promote equality and diversity. Indigenous Australians and candidates from minority groups are encouraged to apply.
If you’re interested in the Senior Software Engineering Manager role, please send a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org