What is the Evenergi Hub and what does it do?
Evenergi Hub is the collective name for the devices we send you to enable access to your electricity data. It includes a Router that is securely connected to the web and enables communication between the electricity data transmitter and our secure infrastructure, allowing you to access your data in near real time on your smart App
Do I have to pay to try the Evenergi Hub and electricity monitoring service?
We are currently running a promotion so that new members can try the Evenergi Hub and electricity monitoring service for a three month period without being charged. If you continue using the Evenergi Hub and monitoring services after the three month promotional period you will need to pay the Membership Fee, which will be debited from your account. If you do not want to continue using the Evenergi Hub and do not want to be charged, you will need to return the Evenergi Hub to us before the end of the three month promotional period.
For more information, please see our Charge Together Terms & Conditions
What home energy systems can the hub currently support?
Our current approach uses a disaggregation algorithm that is an artificially intelligent software technique that looks at your energy data to determine how much is EV vs other home use. This algorithm will constantly improve as we get more data and we can "train" it to support different home energy circumstances.
1. Any charger of 6 kW and above. We are working on being able to support smaller chargers through future software and hardware improvements, as well as entirely parallel approaches that will enhance this feature.
2. If you have more than one car, but both using the same charging point, then the size of the charger is the most important factor and we should be able to detect your charging subject to the above. However we won't know (at this stage) which car is charging.
3. If you have solar power that is exported to the grid during the day, and charge your car at other times using imported power, we will be able to disaggregate this subject to the charger size issues above.
The system can currently not support:
1. If you have multiple chargers then we aren't currently able to support disaggregation. We are working on bringing this support in time.
2. If you have solar panels installed and are using this to charge your car on trickle during the daytime, we won't be able to detect the charging because we are disaggregating power imported from the electrical grid.
3. If you have solar plus batteries, this will also affect our ability to detect this at this time
What new features are you working on?
The team is currently working on:
1. Integrating data from your car platform (particularly for Tesla, Leaf and BMW drivers). This will both improve the disaggregation algorithm, but also allow us to give you better data on home vs. public charging, and improve almost all of the limitations we have outlined above.
2. Support for Solar plus battery configuration.
3. Support for < 6 kW chargers.
4. Support for multiple home charging systems
As always we welcome any feedback or product suggestions so that we can continue to deliver maximum insight into how your cars and homes use energy. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to make your requests or suggestions.
How do the Evenergi Hub and Evenergi App help me monitor my electricity use and save me money?
We have written a comprehensive article to explain how the Hub works.
I have received my free Evenergi Hub but do not want to continue to use the Charge Together services. How do I cancel my free trial?
If you are still in the three month promotional period, you can cancel your free trial of the Evenergi Hub at any time without being converted to full Paid Membership. To do this, you will need to notify us via the app or on our Contact Us page. We will provide a postage-paid return envelope in which you can return the Evenergi Hub to us. We recommend that you obtain proof of posting.
Note: In order to ensure that you are not charged the Membership Fee, it is important that we receive the Evenergi Hub before the end of your Promotional Period. If we receive the Evenergi Hub after this time we may be unable to prevent you being charged the Membership Fee.
What do you do with my electricity consumption data?
In particular, as part of the Evenergi Hub and electricity monitoring and optimisation services, Evenergi will collect real time electricity consumption data daily, throughout the day. When you sign up for the Evenergi Hub, we will ask for your consent to obtain electricity consumption data in this way. This consent is needed for us to provide electricity monitoring and other services. You may withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the details on our Contact Us page, although please note that this may prevent us from being able to provide certain services.